Parking is available anywhere on the street, or on the other side of the gravel lot across the street from us.
We do not recommend parking in the transit center garage for evening performances, as its closing time has historically varied.
Renton Civic Theatre does not own the restaurant parking lots next to the building. Parking in private lots may result in your vehicle being towed.
- Renton Civic Theatre’s lobby has a fully wheelchair accessible restroom.
- RCT offers wheelchair seating in row C in front and row T in back.
- Storage for chairs and walkers is available by the downstairs restroom and along the walls of the auditorium.
- RCT has a hearing-assistance system in use for our productions. Use of the hearing assistance system varies for special events; please enquire beforehand.
- If you need any other accommodations please feel free to contact our house manager and we will be happy to help!
- Arrival Time
- Performances begin at 7:30 pm on Thursday, 8:00 pm on Friday and Saturday, and at 2:00 pm on Sundays, unless otherwise noted (such as special performances or One–Acts). We encourage you to arrive at least 20 minutes early if you are picking up your tickets at the Will–Call window. If you have your tickets in hand we recommend you arrive at least 10 minutes early. This will give everyone ample time to enjoy a cookie or beverage at the concessions stand! This also helps ensure that we will start the show on time. Lobby doors open 30 minutes before the show and seating in the auditorium will begin shortly after.
- Renton Civic Theatre just recommends that you wear comfortable attire.
- Box Office and Tickets
- The Box Office is located in front of the theater — just look for the open sign and the smiling face of a human behind the glass! You may purchase tickets in person at the Box Office with no additional fees or service charges. Box Office hours are Thursday — Friday, 1:00 pm — 6:00 pm, and two hours prior to curtain for tickets to that day’s performance. Tickets can also be purchased online through RCT’s secure website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Online orders are not fully automated; therefore, please allow a minimum of 48 hours before a show when placing an online order.
- Tickets purchased through the Box Office either online or over the phone are available for pick–up at the Will–Call 45 minutes prior to curtain. Tickets may also be picked up in the Box Office during normal weekday Box Office hours.
- Ticket Exchanges and Refunds
- If you’re unable to attend a performance, you can either exchange for another performance of the current show, for another show in the season, or you can donate your tickets back to the theater.
- We offer refunds if we must cancel a performance due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Cameras and Recording
- The use of any audio and/or visual recording device is strictly prohibited inside the theater.
- Cell Phones, Pagers, and Watches
- In consideration of your fellow patrons and performers, please turn off cell phones, pagers, and watch alarms before the performance begins.
- Renton Civic Theatre enjoys presenting many options for family entertainment. All children attending a production require a purchased ticket, even if your child spends the majority of the performance in a lap. Special pricing is available for children for all RCT productions. RCT productions are generally suitable for ages 9 and above, however, some shows deal with mature themes and may not be appropriate for all children. RCT firmly believes that it is the parent’s responsibility to make any determination regarding appropriateness of the subject material or the abilities of their own child to sit through an entire performance. If you have any questions regarding a show’s content, please do not hesitate to contact our box office. We are happy to provide information or a written synopsis of each show to aid patrons in deciding a show’s appropriateness for their child. If you must leave a show due to your child’s behavior, we will be happy to exchange your tickets for another performance!
- Theaters can be dark, loud, and scary. For their safety, babes in arms will not be admitted.
- Food and Drink
- Refreshments are available for purchase before the show and during intermission from our concessions counter and can be enjoyed in the auditorium during the show. Only food and drinks purchased at the RCT concession stand are permitted inside the auditorium.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed in the lobby or auditorium; they are not allowed outside.
- By order of the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Control Board, marijuana, marijuana by-products, and paraphernalia are not allowed in establishments where alcohol is sold for consumption. RCT is required by law to ask any person who brings such items on the premises to leave.
- Late Seating Policy
- Patrons arriving late will be seated at the first suitable pause in the performance in the least disruptive location. Seating time and location is solely at the discretion of the House Managers. In the event of a no–show or late arrival of a patron, RCT reserves the right to re–sell a seat to another patron waiting on stand–by.
- Lost and Found
- To inquire about a lost item, please call or e–mail the Box Office. Please include your name, daytime phone number, seat location, performance date and a description of the item. Lost & Found items are stored for three months, and then donated to charity.
- Patron Considerations
- In order to assure the comfort of all patrons, please remember to limit the use of fragrances, to refrain from talking or singing during the show, and for parents, to be cognizant of your child’s ability to sit through a show.
- For patrons that are not admitted or are asked to leave, the box office may offer an in-kind exchange of tickets.
- Tickets Exchange
- If you’re unable to attend a performance, you can either exchange for another performance of the current show, for another show in the season, or you can donate your tickets back to the theater. We offer refunds if we must cancel a performance due to unforeseen circumstances.