Here at Renton Civic Theatre your safety and the well-being of the artists we work with is our top priority. We wanted to take this opportunity to reach out and share the new rules that have been put in place by government officials and outline the steps we are taking as we move forward with our production.
By order of the King County Health Office:
Public events with fewer than 250 attendees are prohibited, unless event organizers can take steps to minimize risk. Event organizers must ensure that risks be lowered as much as possible.
Renton Civic Theatre has moved the opening of August Wilson’s Fences to April 2t h - three weeks later than it was originally scheduled.
Older and vulnerable individuals have been encouraged not to attend:
- We are contacting all current ticket holders to encourage them to stay home if they are part of a high-risk group or are feeling unwell.
- Ticket exchanges and refunds are always readily available and will continue to be so.
Recommendations for social distancing and limiting close contact are met:
- We are limiting ticket sales to 120 per night. Season ticket holders have priority.
- We will be asking patrons to sit every other seat unless you are attending the theater with someone you would prefer sitting with.
Employees or volunteers leading an event are screened for symptoms each day:
- We have created a sign in sheet for everyone involved in the productions and have included boxes for the required symptom screening.
- Everyone involved in the productions have been encouraged to contact us directly via email or phone if symptoms develop.
Proper hand washing, sanitation, and cleaning is readily available:
- Soap and water are readily available in the restrooms.
- We have an auto Hand Sanitizer machine in the lobby but due to local shortages we encourage patrons to bring their own as well in case our supplier runs short.
Environmental cleaning guidelines are followed (e.g., clean and disinfect high touch surfaces daily or more frequently):
- RCT use a cleaning service once a week, and our staff is also attending to cleaning requirements personally on the days they are not available. - Prior to each show we will be disinfecting the lobby and our restrooms including all door handles, bar surfaces, seat arm rest and railings as required.
If you are interested in additional steps you can take personally to increase your safety and the safety of those around you, there are multiple internet resources available.
This is a dynamic, quickly changing situation. As circumstances change, we will continue to communicate with you via email, social media posts, and our website. As always, please contact us at 425-226-5529 if you have any additional questions or concerns.